blogging

When ICA came out with the requirement that we had to have a blog I initially had mixed feelings. I love the idea of a reflective journal, but I always thought that it was private, for my eyes only. The idea of baring my soul on the internet scared me, How could I put my thoughts and feelings where anyone in the world would be able to see them? then it occurred to me that why would anyone else even want to read what I had written? I am after all a doctor not a talented writer and for many years my writing has been limited to medical letters, and emails to friends, so as you can see I had a few issues to sort out.

I am happy to say that after a chat with my peer coach, I decided there and then to take the step and with the help of my daughter started a blog that same evening.Once I had taken the first step the rest just followed and I am now finding it getting easier everyday. I still do think each time before I write: Is this going to interest anyone else? will it be of value to anyone else?

Maybe I should re-frame those thoughts??

Any ideas ?

2 Responses to “blogging”

  1. # Blogger Limor

    Hi Anna,
    I too was concerned at the beguinning but more about matters of privacy. After realizing privacy is about not crossing my own boundaries I can write freely. I'm the one who decides what to share.
    Value? ofcourse there is value, otherwise I would not be here :)
    For me the main value is in the chance to share the journey and learn from others. Limor  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Anna

    Good for you for jumping in and starting the blog even though you felt unsure. I understand your feeling of whether anybody else is interested in reading what you have written...but then again would it really matter that much?

    But more importantly what I see in your blog is the opportunity for you to express who you are and show the world how special and unique you are. I say BLOG ON and let the world see you shine!

    Margit  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Long Distance Coach | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health