acknowledgement

On my run this morning, I started thinking of all the good things that have happened to me this year, I don't know why, I suppose it is that time of year, the end of one year and the beginning of another that invites reflection and counting of blessings in one's life. The word "Acknowledgement" suddenly popped into my head, and, as soon as I got home I went to the ICA discussion board and looked at some of postings on the topic and what did I find? The questions we have been asked as ICA students range from "think of a time when you were acknowledged and how did it make you feel? "What are the benefits of acknowledging clients in coaching? "What difference would it make in your life if you were to get 50% more acknowledgement?"

The responses were all positive, we would all feel motivated, achieve more, etc.
The question I now ask myself: Here we have a very simple tool to use, it costs nothing, the benefits appear to be great, why do we not use it more? We do not have to be life coaches to acknowledge others, it is something we can all do easily,we can start by acknowledging those close to us, our spouses, our children, our friends and colleagues. Acknowledge your child for what he or she has achieved, at school, in sport, and elsewhere,instead of drawing attention to the things they may not have done as well in.

I would like to make a request(another ICA tool)to all reading this, During this holiday season, Let us acknowledge all who touch our lives, or who have done so in the past and let us note the difference.

I welcome comments and feedback.

1 Responses to “acknowledgement”

  1. # Blogger Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae

    I love how you are learning the power of acknowledgement! Thank you for sharing your "running thoughts". My coaching practice was born through my "running thoughts"!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Long Distance Coach | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health