"cleansing run"

The decision to run this morning was a difficult one. Part of me wanted to go, I needed the exercise especially after the excesses of the last couple of days. Part of me wanted to just carry on the laziness of the last few days, I will run again tomorrow. Anyhow, the logical side won and I went on what I call a "cleansing run".

At the start, my legs felt heavy and my body sluggish. The Christmas cake, champagne, chocolates were taking their revenge at me. As I am a solitary runner, I have nobody to chat to, I decided to play a mental game. For every kilometre that I ran, I chucked out part of the excesses and extra baggage that I was carrying.At about the 10th kilometre I was feeling significantly lighter and in a better frame of mind and well on my way home. After my shower I felt "cleansed" both inside and out.

I believe everyone should go on at least one run like this every year, and a good time to do it is at the end of one year and the beginning of another,when most of us reflect on the past year and look forward to a new year. My suggestion would be to take all the negative emotions such as, anger, fear,resentment,hate, the perceived failures, disappointments and tolerations with you at the start of the run.
Carry the weight on your back, feel the heaviness, feel how you are being dragged down. Then with each 100 metres or so, take each millstone, label it and throw it out, leave it on the side of the road, you have no use for it in 2007, feel how you lighten up with each kilometre.

Who knows you might even start running on a regular basis!!

May 2007 be a great year for all of us.

0 Responses to “"cleansing run"”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Long Distance Coach | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health