The Power of a vision

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a vision" Anonymous.

While looking through "The 7 habits of highly effective people" by Stephen Covey this morning I came across a piece of scrap paper, I opened it and found a couple of sentences in my own handwriting, which described the vision that I had for my life written in January 2001.

My husband, daughter and I were about to emigrate to New Zealand at that time from South Africa. It was our attempt to escape the senseless crime, which I too had been a victim of and was lucky to be alive.

I had forgotten about that piece of paper, and now six years later, while reading it, it struck me how all that I had envisioned had appeared in our lives,it accurately described what area, what house I wanted to live in and what school I wanted my daughter to attend, what friends we would have and how well we had settled. What I find amazing is that we had created this reality in the last six years while going about our daily lives without even thinking about it, let alone set goals and try to achieve them!

Do you have a vision for your life?
Have you written it down somewhere,or, communicated it to somebody?
Is it written in the present tense, as if it has already occurred?

I wish you everything your heart desires for 2007.

1 Responses to “The Power of a vision”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Anna and Robin,

    I have started to read "The Secret" and all I can say is WOW. It's nothing new since I've read the thoughts and ideas in other books over the years, however this book seems to have many of the thoughts condensed in one book. I totally believe in visualization! I have used visualization in my past and it has worked. In fact I plan on putting one of my visualization stories on my blog very soon.

    I now have a corkboard and this weekend I will decorate it and start putting what I want in my life, on the board. I have already started today by bookmarking house plans and picture of a house that I will bring into my life. I have also put the picture on my desktop to look at every day ...and visualize being in there, looking out the large window at the river, many trees and wildlife outside. :-)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Long Distance Coach | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health